This page provides information for parents and carers looking for a place for their child in our school or nursery. If you have any questions, then please contact our office and our staff will be happy to help.

Starting school

Children born between 1st September 2020 and 31st August 2021 need to start school in September 2025.

If your child needs to start school in September 2025, then you should apply for a reception year place during the admissions window, which opens at the end of October 2024 and closes in the middle of January 2025.

You need to apply through Oxfordshire County Council. You can do this (and find out lots of important information) by visiting the Oxfordshire County Council admissions page.

When applying, you should list four schools, in order of preference.

You will find out which school your child has a place at for September 2025 in the middle of April 2025.

Any application after the admissions window has closed is known as a late application. A late application means you will be allocated a place at a school that has places left after all the on-time applications have been processed. 

If your child is due to start school in September 2024 and you have yet to apply for a place, then please contact the school office and we will support you through the process (which is done through Oxfordshire County Council).

If you are moving into the area, in-year transfers are often possible during the school year. Applications are done on the Oxfordshire County Council in-year transfer page.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask us for help. You can phone us on 01865 331239 or email 

We welcome visits to the school, so please make an appointment to come and look around, either by phoning the office or by emailing us.

Charlton-on-Otmoor C of E Primary School

Fencott Road,





Contact Information

Tel: 01865 331 239


Statutory Info

School Prospectus: Coming Soon

EYF Early Years School Prospectus: Digital Online Flipbook

Click here for Oxfordshire's local offer for support and services for disabled children and young people from 0-25.

If you have a query please contact Miss Giles or Mrs North on

For queries regarding Special Educational Needs (SEN) please contact Zoe Wells on